Monday, June 9, 2008

Havasupai!








HAVASUPAI!? boy what an experience!Well lets just say i have alot of really active friends in flagstaff and well i have always heard about this hike along with many others.. and i wanted to join them so badley! so.. i decided to drive up to flagstaff two weeks ago for the weekend... to see my roomates (WHO ENDED UP BOTH BEING GONE ALL WEEKEND:(..).. and to see Kurt:) well.. Friday night we went to this really fun YSA dance on a ranch..it was soo pretty and fun! but Kurt was allergic to hay so we didnt really hang out much near the dance.. but anyways saturday morning ten of us all decided 4:30 AM it was! and we we were off to havasupai! arriving at like 7:30 and starting our hike did not seem too bad! it was soo beautifuL! and the switchbacks were not bad at all ... GOING DOWN THAT IS.. haha... little did i know hiking into the canyon was the decieving part of the hike! haha... So 3 hours later we are finally at the falls and im thinking this is soo worth it! its soo beautiful! the first fall there was tons of people cliff jumping already.. so we hiked on into the second fall and we hung out there the rest of the time! it was soo fun! ... well we played for a about three hours.. and by now.. you are sunburned and fatigued from swimming so much ..and the sun sucks it all out of ya... and well then we started our hike out! haha... Blisters on my feet.. hungry.. tired.. HOT.. by this time the sun was really out.. and it was HOTTTT!! .. anyways.. the hike out was not so bad at the begginning.. but i was beginning to wander if it was ever going to end. and my knee was starting to get flared.. i started having a really hard time... Kurt and some friends were really trying to encourage me to finish.. and eventually i did! haha.. so i can now say i have done the HAVASUPAI hike down and back in one day! just so everyone knows.. the switchbacks were hell going back up!! haha This was the hardest thing i have ever done.. mentally... I once had to stop and just hug kurt almost in tears.. i asked him to pray.. so he said a prayer.. and honestly.. my attitude got better and my spirits were lifted.. not an hour later we were finished with the hike! Its amazing what the spirit can do, and that heavenly father knew exactly what i needed. now the big question is!? will i ever do this again!??? haha... probably NOT! lol just kidding it was worth it.. but if i ever do it agian.. im bringing clean socks for the way out.. im bringing a hiking stick.. and maybe camping so its not such a strenuious thing! lol.. I would love to do it again! but first time with no expectations was a bit .. well... HARD!! but i enjoyed every bit of it!

PS.. Thanks Kurt for carrying my back back alot of the way up! haha!

4 comments:

Stormy and Spenser said...

Man i'm so jealous you went to Havasupai! I want to go so bad! I have never been though, so i'm glad to know that doing it in one day is probably not the best idea! But i'm glad you survived :)

Kristi Kleisler said...

LOVE the pics!! Now do your tag- cuz I tagged you!

Lindsay said...

Brian and I did Havasupai about two years ago and loved it. It definitely was probably one of the hardest hikes I've done, but I would do it again. Congratulations for making it there and back. I don't think I would ever go there and back in the same day. You are crazy! :)

Evvie Turley said...

I am so proud of you for making the hike! I am sure it was a test like you've never had before. I LOVE that you took a moment to pray and that Kurt joined you. I LOVE that you always include the Lord in the things you do, Kilie. It is such an awesome example to us all. I hope you can share that with everyone around you. You are a bright light in this world, girl. Keep it up! Love you TONS!