Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Season!

I love Christmas, the season of family and the feeling of holiday is just awesome! We have a few Christmas traditions! One of which is to have dinner and then go to the temple lights and get hot chocolate after!! We have been doing this ever since i can remember! We usually either watch luke two at the visitors center, or we come home and read it! This year we watched luke two at the visitors center. I just love temple grounds! I love going there to just think about life! Its so peaceful! Lately i have been contemplating going on a mission alot, so as i was listening to the sister missionaries bear thier testimonies i just thought to myself i could see myself doing that! it was neat, the spirit was very strong! i even shed a few personal tears as i took a few shots of this amazing building, because i have not visited the temple grounds in a long time. When you go from going twice a week, to moving far away and hardley going at all, its a rough transition. Anyways, after all the festivities, we come home and we get to open 1 present, which almost never fails to be our Christmas eve Pajama's! last year we all matched, but this year we didnt! oh well! it's still fun!
Christmas morning is always EARLY at our house! Growing up, it gets later and later, but this year, for some reason i was the first one up! So i woke up Jenson and marlie at six, and we enjoyed our morning together as a family! Even though Santa has always given us a big christmas, i love just the feeling of being with my family all day and enjoying the traditions of the holidays! Presents dont matter! Santa brought our family a WII so that has brought alot of competition in our home but we love it! all in all it was a great christmas:):) I hope you all enjoyed it too!:)










1 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

Great pics. and I enjoyed your post. A mission, huh? Well, I could totally see you doing it! We have been working with the sister missionaries that got to town about a month ago. They are AWESOME! We just had a family home evening at our house on Monday night and invited some little boys in our ward who we are trying to re-activate. I'm praying their parents come around some time, keep your fingers crossed! Anyway, follow your heart and the spirit and you can't go wrong!!