Wednesday, April 8, 2009

179th Annual General Conference
















I am so greatful for this time of year! i love to hear from our prophets and apostles. Its an amazing experience! This year was awesome. I enjoyed the experience especially because i was able to experience it live with my little brother and lots of friends! its always a fun road trip and its always that much better to see it live!! SO thursday night we left for utah! We has such a fun trip! I will just share some of my testimony mostly..and then post lots of pictures! needless to say.. My little brother Jenson had never been before and he was soo excited to go! We all had Saturday morning tickets, however we ended up getting into the evening session too! and My brother got to sit front and center only twenty rows back! He said to an old mad sitting next to him" so how does a guy like you score seats like this?" haha and the man next to him simply stated "young man, you will find out in fifteen minutes" haha.. It was a member of the area seventy! and also one of my best friends mission presidents! what a small world!? but soo cool for him! I sat in the deaf section and loved it, i got to experience conference in sign language! it was very elagent! aanyways i had a really neat experience this year. For conference we took up an investigator with us. and the missionaries told her that she needed to write down all her questions and or concerns and before Conference was over..all of them would be answered. She asked us to kind of do this with her... so i decided to try it different this year. Normally every year..i just set " Conference goals" like.. to watch every session, etc.... This year.. i wrote down all my questions and concerns and trials.. And no joke..EVERY talk in conference pertained to something i needed! It seemed as though i was more alert in seeking for my answers..and Also.. it was all very easy to point out! i was able to pick out some advice for every concern i wrote down. It was just a sure testimony builder to me that our prophets voice is the true word of god! Its amazing how that works!
......On this trip we also volunteered at the MTC on friday. It was sooo fun! quite the experience i must say! but it was great fro my brother to see how it works! They put us as volunteers in a room. and we had to pretend to be investigators..and then the very very new green missionaries come in and teach you a lesson. It was fun! However the missionaries were so awkward at first. It just goes to show how hard missionary work really is..but it still must go forth! The work goes on. I have considered alot in the past year going on a mission, and this was also good for me. So i guess we shall see where lifes little roads take me:)

2 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

WOW! You lucky, lucky girl! I am so happy you guys had SUCH an amazing time at conference and so glad you took Jens with you. I loved the cool shot of you two with the temple behind you-I want a copy of that, pretty please! And I love the pic. of you with Jens standing by the MTC sign-too cool as he will be a missionary there before we know it! I love you both!

Julie said...

Looks like an aamazing time and I appricate your extreme blogging skills! :) Love ya!